I decided what I really needed in my networking code is more failure. Just when I think that the code is working perfectly it likes to show me that I’m wrong.
For instance, just the other day, I tested and found it perfect on my computer. I introduced a laptop for some wire distance and presto! Nothing worked at all.
So I’m adding a little evil into my networking code to create arbitrary random delays for every packet sent.
I’m an evil genius!
So now I’m testing out of the box with really awful network conditions.
It is probably for the best.
Next I think I’ll make it randomly kill packets, just for fun.